Organise your own event
Organising your own fundraising event is a fun way to make a difference. There are lots of ways for you get involved and raise money for Age & Opportunity. You could host a coffee morning, organise a run or a cycle. You could run a cake sale, a concert, a quiz night, the list is endless! Decide what appeals to you and your friends the most. A fundraiser is a great way for you all to get together to do something you enjoy.
We are available for any help that you need, sponsorship cards and t-shirts, or just some guidance and advice. If you don’t have time to organise an event but wish to support us to raise the standards for quality of life for older people in Ireland then check out our fundraising event listings to take part in one of our events or to make a donation.
Steps to organising a fundraising event
1. Keep it simple
2. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Get family and friends involved and do it together.
3. Call us so that we know you event is happening. We'd love to hear what you are planning and we will help in any way we can. If you have any questions, or need some support or guidance. We can send you promotional materials too, sponsorship cards, t-shirts, stickers etc.
4. Set a target and a budget- ideally your costs should be no more than 50% of what you raise.
5. Draw up an action plan with deadlines. Don't try do it all yourself. Assign tasks to everyone.
6. Have a plan for how are you going to look after the money you raise. Will you need to keep it somewhere safe? How will you send the money to Age & Opportunity? (Bank transfer/cheque)
7. Thank everyone that helped. Please send us on the details of anyone that helped or donated so that we may thank them also.
8. Have fun!