Age & Opportunity is the leading national development organisation improving the quality of life of people aged 50 – 100+. We do this by:
- Championing the creativity and value of older people;
- Combating stereotypes and negative views of ageing;
- Developing inclusive and engaging experiences which respond to the interests and needs of the diverse older adult population;
- Developing, testing and measuring the impact of pioneering programmes and approaches;
- Making evidence available to policy-makers and service providers;
- Working with partners and stakeholders to ensure that Ireland’s policies, strategies and programmes are directly informed by the needs and experiences of older people.
We work with a multitude of public and private partners such as government departments, local authorities, health services, universities, community groups, arts and culture organisations and local sports groups to provide opportunities for older people to be more active; more visible; more creative; more connected; more often.
2018 marked our 30th anniversary as an organisation
In 1988 Age & Opportunity was founded in response to the need of more positive attitudes towards older people and ageing. Today, we continue to innovate and establish ourselves as a leading thinker on ageing in Ireland, challenging key issues to encourage positive change and wellbeing as we get older.
We design our programmes with an approach that empowers people to be the agents of their own lives. We are continually finding new ways to engage, to motivate and to support people in this adventure.
We are continually finding new ways to engage, to motivate and to support people in this adventure.
Find an initiative for :