Age & Opportunity is recruiting volunteer mentors from all over the country for our FitLine initiative. It is a free telephone mentoring service which
encourages participants over the age of 50 to start getting more active.
- Good listening skills
- An interest in physical activity, health and well-being.
- Approximately 3 hours every fortnight, flexible day/time to suit you
- Available to attend our induction training before you start actively volunteering (2 sessions x 3 hours each)
- Attendance at Volunteer mentor supervision meetings (on Zoom) 3 times a year.
You will phone the participants you are matched with every fortnight to check-in and to encourage them to become or continue to be physically active. On the initial training we will also show you how to record the information from these calls.
Support for you
We will provide you with training, a mobile phone to use for your calls, and support and guidance on your role from our FitLine coordinator and administrator whenever you need it, as well as volunteer mentor group supervision (on Zoom) 3 times a year.
Benefits to volunteers
Our volunteer mentors have a unique opportunity to make a difference! You will have the satisfaction of knowing that your support and encouragement can help our participants to be more active which will improve their physical and mental health.
You will also be offered a place on additional training courses during the year so you can continue to develop.
An invitation to our yearly get together to meet the other volunteer mentors and FitLine staff.
- Application process: Application form, informal interview, Garda vetting, induction training. Next training will be on Zoom in June 2023 (dates TBC).
- To apply for the role or to have an informal chat about the role please contact us: call 1800 303 545 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Downloads: Role description, Application form, FitLine leaflet.