Work with us – HR Manager role
Age & Opportunity
Position: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week (flexi-time)
Salary: €50,000 (negotiable)
Reporting to: CEO
Location: This role is based at our offices in Marino Institute of Education, Griffith Avenue, Dublin 9, with flexible hybrid working arrangements.
Age & Opportunity is the national organisation that provides a range of opportunities for older people who want to get more involved in arts and culture, sport and physical activity, civic engagement and personal development. Our mission is to enable the best quality of life for us all as we age. Our vision is of an Ireland where all older people can be more active, more visible, more creative, more connected, more confident, more often.
We have an opportunity for an experienced HR Manager with overall responsibility for leading strategic direction and managing the operation of our HR function. Working closely with our CEO and the Senior Management Team, the HR Manager will lead on all areas of our HR function including organisation development, change management, learning and development, recruitment and induction, employee relations, payroll, HR operations and employee engagement.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the CEO to develop, lead and deliver a HR Strategy relevant to the changing needs of the organisation.
- Proactively act as a member of the Senior Management Team, supporting the implementation of the organisation’s strategy.
- Support the CEO in ensuring that sufficient staffing resources at appropriate levels are available in order to meet Business Plan KPIs.
- Provide leadership on and develop best practices in all aspects of our HR function including recruitment, employee engagement, people management and development, change management organisational development and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Monitor legislative developments and changes and ensure policies and procedures reflect such changes.
- Manage all industrial relations matters including negotiating with trade unions.
- Develop a HR IT system that is fit for purpose and meets the needs of the organisation on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure that all HR and employment statutory, governance and funder requirements of the organisation are met across all areas of the organisation.
This person specification sets out the various criteria which are essential for the post and by which we will assess your application.
Applicants must possess the following:
- A Degree qualification in a related discipline.
- Applicants must also be able to demonstrate evidence of continuing professional development.
- Three years’ experience in a similar managerial role, with experience in all key areas of the HR function.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing and operating an IT based HR system.
- In-depth knowledge of the legislative and regulatory requirements relating to employment.
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated leadership, management, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Capable of strategic, analytical and creative thinking and an ability to analyse information quickly and communicate in a concise and articulate manner.
- The ability to provide advice and support to SMT members in relation to HR matters in an environment of change.
- Excellent planning, organisation, project management and communication skills with ability to work flexibly with a range of colleagues and third parties.
- Excellent IT skills; proficiency in Microsoft office systems.
Remuneration and Benefits
Age & Opportunity offers the following benefits in addition to salary:
- Excellent working conditions in our Dublin office with a hybrid working model in place, facilitating flexible working arrangements.
- An 8% employer’s contribution to pension (subject to a minimum 4% employee contribution).
- Annual leave of 24 days plus two gift days (Good Friday and Christmas Eve).
- Paid Maternity / Adoptive leave after 12 months’ service.
- Employee Assistance and Wellbeing programme.
- Opportunity to avail of CPD training specific to the role as deemed appropriate.
- Travel (bike to work scheme, tax saver commuter tickets).
- Free on-site parking.
The complete list of benefits will be made available to the candidate offered the role.
Please send your CV and cover letter outlining how you match the above criteria by email to Karen Horgan CEO, at email@example.com.
A more detailed job description is available on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants from countries outside the E.U. are required to provide relevant work authorisation to take up employment in Republic of Ireland. This must be submitted as part of the application process with your CV and cover letter.
Shortlisting will apply based on the criteria outlined above.
The deadline for receipt of applications is Thursday the 26th of October at 5pm.
Interviews will be held in Dublin during the month of November.
Age & Opportunity is an equal opportunities employer.