Ageing with Confidence
This course has taught me that just because I am a pensioner, I am still in charge of my life and that all of us, no matter how old we are, deserve the best out of life’
What do participants say about the course?
My greatest learning was that life did not end just because you are retired. In fact, I now view retirement as a new beginning, where I can explore new possibilities, challenges, interests and dreams. The course has taught me that just because I am a pensioner, I am still in charge of my life and that all of us, no matter how old we are, deserve the best out of life.
Learning, education and engaging with your local community offers a number of benefits including
- happiness and empowerment
- mental wellbeing
- increased self-awareness and expression
- development of new skills and interests
- providing a sense of self control
- social connection
- reduced depression and anxiety
- reduced stress levels
- improved cognition
- sense of identity and personhood
- increased self-esteem and confidence