Are you an employer or worker keen to increase awareness on attitudes to ageing?
What is AgeWise?
AgeWise is a professionally facilitated workshop designed to create awareness of attitudes to ageing and older people either in your workplace or our offices. It is suitable for employers and people delivering services to older people.
How does it work?
Age & Opportunity’s AgeWise workshop raises awareness of the attitudes to ageing and older people in organisations whose work affects the lives of older people. From there, it encourages action on how ageism may be reduced within organisations and workplaces.
Workshops are being delivered on Zoom to groups of 10 – 15 people maximum and are delivered by a trained Age & Opportunity facilitator.
The workshop enables participants to:
- understand the personal, cultural and structural effects of ageism,
- identify instances of discrimination against older people,
- devise strategies to counter age discrimination in their workplace or community.
How can I get involved?
This workshop is ideal for everyone whose work affects the lives of older people. If older people are among your customers, your clients or your service users, this workshop can help you. We can also tailor the workshop to suit the needs of your organisation around business needs, policy analysis or equality frameworks.
To book a workshop for your organisation, email Nollaig Fahy or call 01 853 5128.
Learning, education and engaging with your local community offers a number of benefits including
- happiness and empowerment
- mental wellbeing
- increased self-awareness and expression
- development of new skills and interests
- providing a sense of self control
- social connection
- reduced depression and anxiety
- reduced stress levels
- improved cognition
- sense of identity and personhood
- increased self-esteem and confidence