Training for activities coordinators
Are you working in a care setting or interested in working in one? Do you have a passion for arts and culture which you would like to share with others?
Applicants should have:
- An interest in arts and creativity
- A willingness to engage in creative activity with older people
- A commitment to attend both days of training
Venues and dates:
- The Irish Museum of Modern Art, Kilmainham, Dublin 8
- Wednesdays: 24th and 31st January 2024
- 10:00am – 4:00pm both days
Creative Exchanges costs €350 per participant. As places are limited, fee needs to be paid in advance to secure a place.
On completion of the programme, a certificate will be provided by Age & Opportunity.
Learning, education and engaging with your local community offers a number of benefits including
- happiness and empowerment
- mental wellbeing
- increased self-awareness and expression
- development of new skills and interests
- a sense of self control
- social connection
- reduced depression and anxiety
- reduced stress levels
- improved cognition
- a sense of identity and personhood
- increased self-esteem and confidence