Dementia Friendly Tours of Cultural Institutions
Everyone is entitled to be an active cultural participant at all stages of life. Our aim is to make art galleries and museums around Ireland dementia-friendly spaces.
What do people say about Azure?
Azure is about trying to create moments where, at least during the programme, people stop being ‘the person with dementia and their carer’ and, in some ways, go back to being husband and wife, mother and son, father and daughter, sister and brother. Programmes like this allow for that moment, and that is a real privilege to see.
Learning, education and engaging with your local community offers a number of benefits including
- happiness and empowerment
- mental wellbeing
- increased self-awareness and expression
- development of new skills and interests
- a sense of self control
- social connection
- reduced depression and anxiety
- reduced stress levels
- improved cognition
- a sense of identity and personhood
- increased self-esteem and confidence