After the success of a wonderful, albeit windy, Dawn Chorus in Galway, if any choir would be interested in setting up a Dusk Chorus event on Sunday 29th May, remember you still can!
The Dusk Chorus can be a beautiful sunset event and we are inviting singing groups and choirs to consider the option of hosting a Dusk Chorus as part of Bealtaine Festival 2022.
The Dusk Chorus is a chance for choirs to sing at dusk on the last Sunday in May and join people all over Ireland and beyond in a unique and uplifting event. Involvement with choirs has been regarded as one of the most established and effective means of artistic and community involvement.
The Bealtaine Dusk Chorus events can be held in person or online, and can be designed in a way that suits every choirs needs. The guidelines are simple:
- Older people should be central to the planning and included in the choir
- Host your Dusk Chorus event around sunset on Sunday May 29th
- If you are holding the event in person, try to pick a location near water
- If you are holding the event online, share it far and wide!
- Pick songs you know and love
- Tell us about it!
Remember to register your event on our website – http://bealtaine.ie/page/register – so you can share it online
Record your event by taking photos or videos and share on social media (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram) and use the hashtags #bealtainedawn22 or #bealtainedusk22 so we can share it too!