Our Creative Exchanges course offers high-quality training that leads to a QQI Level 6 Component Award (6N3585). Participants develop the skills needed to plan and facilitate arts activities for older people in residential and day care settings.
If you are an activities coordinator working in a residential or day care setting, or an artist interested in engaging with older people in a care setting, Creative Exchanges can provide you with:
- An understanding of the value of creative activity, particularly in a care setting;
- Practical skills and resources to carry out creative activities with people in residential and day care settings;
- Experience of taking part in a variety of arts-based workshops.
Adopting the person-centred approach promoted by HIQA’s National Quality Standards for Residential Care Settings for Older People in Ireland (2016), Creative Exchanges is designed to help you to provide meaningful and purposeful arts activities for older people.
DATES AND VENUE
Creative Exchanges takes place at the Irish Museum of Modern Art, Dublin over seven full days on the following dates:
Wednesday 4 and Thursday 5 May, Thursdays 12, 19, 26 May, 2 and 9 June 2022.
Age & Opportunity’s Creative Exchanges programme is fully validated by QQI under the new common awards system at Level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications.
A significant amount of self-directed study and personal project work is required in order to successfully complete the course.
Creative Exchanges costs €650 per participant and places are limited. Please return completed application form by Friday 8th April 2022.
APPLICANTS SHOULD HAVE
- An interest in arts and creativity;
- A willingness to do creative activity with older people;
- Commitment to attend seven full days of training and undertake self-directed study
and project work.
Download your application form here or further information, please contact Fiona Holohan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 805 7798.